West Village by Sekisui House Australia has well deservingly been awarded the Presidents Award at the 2019 UDIA Queensland Awards for Excellence.
West Village is located in the heart of West End, one of Brisbane’s most popular inner-city suburbs.
The President’s Award is chosen by the UDIA Queensland’s President. The winner is selected from winners in categories 1 to 8 and is deemed the best across these categories. These categories include affordable housing, residential subdivision, master planned development, environmental excellence, seniors living, urban renewal, medium density development and high-density development. The award is presented to a project that changes the way the industry thinks about development.
West village has also won various other awards including Best New Communal Space, Excellence in Marketing, Best New Space and more!
At SSKB we are proud to be part of the West Village development and to work alongside Sekisui House.
West Village Still Has More Stages to Come
West End is known for its creative and artistic edge. This year Metro Arts is relocating to West Village on 1 April 2020.
The new Metro Arts space will have an underground theatre, two galleries, two rehearsal rooms, and outdoor event area and an office space.
What will the finished product look like?
West Village is a space of heritage, creativity, community and more.
The finished product will consist of:
- A hectare of open, green parklands and laneways.
- A Childcare Centre, Gymnasium and Medical Centre.
- Two historic buildings built in 1928 and 1929. These buildings are Peters Ice Cream and Cone Factories which will be the centerpiece of the development.
- 1,200 apartments and townhouses.
- 14,000sqm of retail including a Woolworths Supermarket, bars, restaurants and more.
- Approximately 450 basement carparks for retail customers.
West Village has received a Six Start Green Star certification, the highest sustainability rating for master-planned precincts in Australia.
West Village aims to continue their six-star sustainability by:
- Using rainwater for the gardens and public spaces.
- Targeting a ‘Zero food waste to landfill’. This will be achieved through a food rescue and an organic waste recycler.
- Improving biodiversity with native vegetation and beehives.
- 100% of energy supplied to site carbon offset.
We look forward to the continuing relationship we will have with West Village and look forward to the relationships that we will build with the current and future Committees of the development.
If you would like to see other developers and projects we have been part of, click here.
Talk to our team today to discover how SSKB can minimise developer risk and increase profit margins.